Saguaro Surgical offers the full spectrum of vascular and general surgical care.
Established in 1998 by Dr. Michael Lavor, Saguaro Surgical has grown to now include Dr. Michael Probstfeld (1999), Dr. Matthew Namanny (2009), Dr. Layla Lucas (2011), Dr. Sarah Ducharme (2011) and Nurse Practitioner Wayne McLeod (2005).
Saguaro Surgical has earned a reputation for excellence in all disciplines of vascular, general and endocrine surgery. CCSVI procedures are also available, as are laparoscopic advanced minimally invasive interventions, including colectomy, nissen fundoplication and adrenalectomy.
Our in-house accredited vascular lab offers all vascular diagnostics with results interpreted by one of Saguaro Surgical’s board certified vascular surgeons, making Saguaro Surgical the one place where our patients can find the full range of services they need. We also offer outpatient endovascular procedures in our specialized surgical suite and nonsurgical varicose and spider vein treatment utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
Our medical staff provides specialized advanced wound care treatment at the Tucson Wound Center, which includes three hyperbaric chambers to enhance and accelerate wound healing.
Saguaro Surgical’s goal is to provide the highest quality personalized surgical services to patients throughout our region. We work closely with our patients’ primary care physicians to assure continuity of care pre- and post-surgery.
In addition to our Tucson office, Saguaro Surgical offers clinic hours in Nogales, Benson, and Green Valley. Additional details and appointments are available by calling (520) 318-3004.
Our surgeons have privileges at Tucson Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Tucson Surgical Center, and Green Valley Hospital.
- To provide an exceptionally high level of medical service to each of our patients.
- To give our patients the time, energy, focus and medical support they need and deserve.
- To empower and educate our patients so they can make positive proactive choices for their good health.
- To communicate effectively with each patient’s referring physician to assure continuity of care.
- To maintain a work environment conducive to both professional and personal growth.
- We are dedicated to enhancing quality of our patients’ lives by providing medical and surgical excellence.
- The welfare of each patient is our paramount concern.
- We responsibly integrate the latest scientific and technological advances into the care we offer each patient.
- We are committed to providing care in a personalized, friendly, and service-oriented environment.
- Through the continuous pursuit of excellence and leadership while respecting the integrity of every relationship, we ensure cost-effective treatment for each patient we serve.
Saguaro Surgical has played an active role in our community, both culturally and economically, for more than 20 years. We believe it is our responsibility – and it is our honor – to support our community through donations to local charities. Although many of our patients come to us from other parts of the country, we never forget the importance of our local customers.
Among the groups that receive our support are the following:
- Ara Parseghian Medical Research Foundation
- The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation of Southern Arizona
- St. Cyril of Alexandria School
- American Heart Association
- Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona
- Par Fore the Cure Breast Cancer Research
- Health and Hope for the Worlds Poor – Esperança.org
We encourage you to learn more about the work of each of these organizations, which play such an important role in our community.